Extech Instruments announces the new MG300, a true RMS multimeter with a built-in insulation resistance tester and the added safety of wireless datastreaming for remote monitoring and datalogging. According to the company, the multimeter is characterized by:
- By adding insulation testing capabilities to the ubiquitous digital multimeter, electricians are always equipped for insulation testing, helping to make it a more routine part of predictive maintenance with faster troubleshooting and repairs without additional tools.
- The rugged and waterproof (IP67-rated) combination meter includes a digital insulation resistance tester (or megohmmeter) with four different test voltages for measuring resistance up to 4 GΩ with 0.001MΩ resolution.
- The full-function, true RMS digital multimeter includes useful extras like duty cycle measurements and milliamp readings for analog 4-20mA current loops in industrial analog process controls.
- The CAT-IV-rated meter’s wireless datastreaming enables safer troubleshooting and maintenance on dangerous moving equipment and one-person operation of remote safety switches.
- Technicians can focus on finding problems by monitoring real-time readings on a laptop or computer screen from safe distances — up to 30 feet away.
- The meter comes complete with remote USB receiver, Windows® compatible software, test leads with alligator clips, Type K bead wire temperature probe with adapter, carrying case and 6 x AA batteries.
- The MG300 is available with NIST-traceable certification (model MG300-NIST). For users outside North America, the MG302 which transmits data at 433MHz instead of 915MHz is also available.