Conval now offers an easy-to-retrofit, single-weld, OSHA-compliant safe vent drain for its Clampseal Y-pattern forged globe valves. The SaVD safe vent drain, according to the company, additionally delivers:
- Fast, safe and environmentally friendly venting and draining of piping systems.
- Safe depressurization, which is achieved in just 1 drip of fluid.
- A HILTAP metal-to-metal wedge safety connector with 2 dynamic sealing surfaces, a compact profile, ultra-safe residual pressure venting and quick connectivity to a gravity drain hose.
- Enhanced leak-free valve performance.
- The ability to lock the coupling under line pressure — the locking threads are located outside wetted volumes.
- Standard materials that include SA182-F316, A105 and F22 stainless steel.
- ½- through 2-inch sizes, through an ASME 2500 pressure class.
- NPT, butt weld or socket weld ends.
- The flexibility to steam-clean or pressure-purge valve-mounted couplings.
- The replacement of low-pressure bull plugs and screwed caps.
- Accommodations for a matching HILTAP drainage pipe to minimize downtime, labor and environmental cleanup expenses.
- Compliance with ISO 9001-2000 with full material traceability, plus availability of CRN registration.