Miniature Position Sensors for Harsh Environments
Macro Sensors now offers its Miniature AC-Operated LVDT position sensors in high-pressure and high-temperature configurations to perform in harsh environments. According to the company:
- Vented versions of the CD 375 series of Miniature LVDTs are also available for operation in pressurized fluids.
- Offering a lightweight, low mass core and a compact 3/8-inch diameter, the sensors are ideal for high response dynamic measurement, such as valve position and pneumatic cylinder positioning, as well as serving as integral parts of small mechanisms which require units to withstand high pressure and high temperature.
- Environmentally robust configurations of the CD 375 series operate in temperature extremes of -65°F to +400°F (-55°C to +200°C) and operating pressures of 35 kpsi.
- To accommodate such high pressure, the sensor case is vented to equalize pressure inside and outside the LVDT linear position sensor.
- Available in full-scale measurement ranges from ±0.025 inch (±0.63mm) to ±1.0 inch (±25.0mm), the sensors offer a 50 percent larger core-to-bore radial clearance (0.012 inch) than similar sized competitive units.
- Customizable with Teflon® bore liners, metric threaded cores and lead wire exit points, they operate with any conventional differential input LVDT signal conditioners.