Pepperl+Fuchs’ VisuNet IND SlimLine operator workstations have received Zone 2 certification for use in hazardous environments. According to the company, the workstations further include:
- HMI visualization in Class I, Div. 2 hazardous locations.
- Availability in a thin but rugged NEMA 4/4x IP 64 Stainless or painted steel housing, and as a full PC, remote monitor or KVM monitor solution.
- Suitability for use in any number of oil and gas, chemical, food and beverage, and flavor and fragrance applications.
- Remote monitor (RM) technology requires no software installations, provides standard Ethernet networking connections to the server to eliminate the need for expensive converters, and reduces IT infrastructure needs by providing access to multiple servers from a single workstation.
- The enclosure design features continuously welded seams that are ground smooth, and mitigates heat without the need for venting or cooling fans.
- Available options include mounting hardware, as well as chemical and microbial-resistant keyboards.
- Large displays clearly present critical information, avoiding the need to toggle between HMI screens.
- Superior processing speed for high-end graphics desired by many machine builders.
- Open Windows® based software systems offer the greatest flexibility and integration, while minimizing learning curves.