Lloyd’s Register has designed Capstone RBMI as the industry’s first reliability-based mechanical integrity software intended to address the maintenance needs of rotating and instrumentation equipment. According to the company, the software offers:
- Identification of critical assets.
- Prioritization of maintenance and/or inspection tasks.
- Fewer equipment failures (which prolongs equipment life, lowers life-cycle costs and increases asset utilization).
- Fewer in-service failures.
- Consistent activity work plans defining recommended preventative maintenance (PM) and corrective maintenance (CM) tasks.
- Directing and systematically documenting the PM and CM activities, using the information to make sound asset-management decisions.
- Systemically records and analyzes failure information to optimize CM and PM strategies.
- Promotes continuous improvement for changing business and operational conditions.