Do Away with Draining the Tank
Chromalox presents its small tank flange heater to permit heating elements to be changed without draining the tank. According to the company, these heaters are additionally highlighted by:
- Replaceable elements that can be easily changed by 1 person without special tooling.
- Compatibility with water, and water/glycol or acidic mixtures as well as fire water storage and freeze protection.
- Selection from varying watt densities, which allow it to meet a range of needs — from viscous fluids, such as asphalt or Bunker C oil, to free-flowing oils, such as hydraulic fluids or lube oil.
- A type J thermocouple for over-temperature sensing on the pipe wall.
- Availability in a variety of standard designs, which can be matched with a corresponding control panel to ensure seamless operation, for the most common applications.
- Suitability for smaller, critical-system storage units that need to remain filled for continuous operation and storage, as well as for the oil and gas exploration, power generation and chemical industries.
- Compliance with API-614 standards, plus a CSA certification.