The Cure for Quick Drying
Master Bond has developed its UV15-7 to produce non-yellowing durable bonds for demanding bonding, coating and sealing applications. This 1-component, ultraviolet (UV)-curable adhesive, according to the company, is further equipped with:
- Optimal adhesion to a wide variety of substrates, including glass, metals, plastics, polycarbonates and polymer films.
- Fast cure rates — ranging from 5 seconds to 3 minutes — upon exposure to a UV light source, and even at ambient temperatures, in thicknesses up to 1/8 inch or more.
- Maximum UV absorption in the 280- to 360-nanometer range using a 200-W/inch medium-pressure mercury vapor lamp.
- A 100 percent reactive composition that doesn’t contain any solvents or diluents.
- Operational temperatures from -60° to 300°F.
- A tensile strength exceeding 5,000 PSI.
- A refractive index of 1.55.
- A Shore D hardness over 70.
- Resistance to chemicals and thermal shock.
- A thermal expansion coefficient of 65 to 70x10-6.
- A volume resistivity of 1014 ohm-cm.
- Quality electrical insulative properties.
- An optically clear coloring.