Connect Anything to the Ethernet, Internet
NEWPORT Electronics now offers its third-generation iServer3G, which can connect any serial device (RS-232, RS-485) to an Ethernet network or the Internet in minutes. According to the company, the iServer3G further delivers:
- A simple, easy and economic alternative to putting anything on the network — and without writing a single line of code.
- Simple network management protocol (SNMP) for remote management.
- The power to make an existing serial device a "node" on an Ethernet network with a unique IP address that's accessible from any authorized computer on the LAN, WAN or Internet.
- The capability to convert serial Modbus to Modbus TCP/IP over the Ethernet.
- The ability to send notifications by email.
- A DIN-rail mount for industrial applications.