E Instruments recently released its 7899 gas sniffer with a highly sensitive tip to pinpoint small leaks of any combustible gases or hydrocarbons from piping and/or appliances. According to the company, this portable leak detection tool is also equipped with:
- An 11-inch fully flexible probe for hard-to-reach places.
- Compatibility with natural gas, methane, propane, butane, liquefied petroleum gas, etc.
- A range from 0 to 10,000 PPM.
- Quick response times.
- A large visual LCD and bar graph display.
- Readings displayed in PPM, percent volume and percent lower explosive limit.
- Automatic zero-drift adjustment.
- An audio alarm.
- A hold function.
- A rugged and easy-to-use hand-held design.