Cardinal's SnapStream is a fully-integrated NTEP legal-for-trade wireless scale system for commercial applications. According to the company, the proprietary system offers a number of competitive advantages for new or pre-existing scale installations. Additional characteristics include:
- The system allows the scale to send weight data wirelessly to an indicator and the indicator in turn to send that data wirelessly to a host of peripheral equipment such as remote displays, printers, PCs and networks.
- The digitally-controlled weighing and diagnostic system is designed utilizing 802.15.4 Zigbee protocol for reliable and accurate weight and data transmission.
- It may be used with Cardinal's model 205, 210, and 225 digital weight indicators, where scale diagnostics can be viewed directly on the indicator without having to go to the scale itself.
- It can be configured using one to 16 load cells: The SnapStream truck scale junction box accommodates two to four 4-cell analog boards; these junction boxes perform the analog-to-digital weight conversion for each load cell and can transmit data wirelessly to Cardinal's indicators where the weight data is displayed.
- Additionally, the indicators can send data wirelessly to any remote displays, printers, or local remotes Cardinal has to offer.
- The communications module may also be used to interface wirelessly from the weight indicator to a PC using USB, RS232 serial, or Ethernet connectivity or a printer using RS232 serial or Ethernet.
- Up to one-mile distance range, line of sight (LOS).
- Diagnose load cells directly from the indicator and view individual load cell millivolt outputs directly from the 200 series indicator.
- Reduce installation time —no more digging trenches to install home run cable.