Fume Hoods with an Air of Sophistication
Air Science has developed its new ductless fume hoods with sophisticated airflow, filter alarms and advanced safety features. According to the company, these units additionally deliver:
- The flexibility to choose the main filter from 14 different types of carbon, which include specialty media for vapors of organics, solvents, acids, mercury and formaldehyde.
- A 100-FPM face velocity to ensure the containment of fumes.
- An alarm to alert the operator when the airflow falls to an unacceptable level.
- A removable spillage tray, which can be easily cleaned, in the work area.
- An energy-saving design that recirculates clean air into the laboratory, so as not to exhaust expensive conditioned and/or heated air into the atmosphere.
- All head-section mechanisms located on the clean side of the filter to help prevent contamination.
- Switches and electrical components that are totally isolated from the dirty airflow and away from any contamination.
- Optimized operator protection when using hazardous substances.
- Sizes that range from 2 to 8 feet.
- Availability of HEPA filters for particulate filtration to suit your application needs.
- Optional integral lighting.