Sly has specially adapted its STJ-3215-10 pulse jet dust collector to vent a sand and aggregate fluid bed dryer operating at 140°F. According to the company, other features include:
- Operation at 40,000 ACFM, plus 15,000-pound/hour inlet loading and outlet emissions of 0.02 gr/cf.
- A high-side inlet and large drop-out section to slow velocity to remove heavy particulate before it is filtered by the collector’s 16-ounce polyester filter bags.
- A stainless steel tube sheet, internal epoxy coating and 3 inches of fiberglass insulation to address potential corrosion.
- Inclusion of the inlet duct, outlet duct, stack, supports, access platforms, screw conveyor and exhaust fan.
- Special design considerations because the dryer being vented occasionally is fired by high-sulfur fuel oil.