Blender Boasts Interchangeable Agitators
Charles Ross & Son introduces its 42NSD-1S multi-purpose ribbon blender as equipped with interchangeable double ribbon and paddle agitators. According to the company, this vacuum-rated blender additionally boasts:
- Fast and thorough blending due to the agitator’s inner and outer helical ribbons, which are pitched to move material axially, in opposing directions, as well as radially.
- Paddle agitators that deliver gentler mixing, which is more suited for shear-sensitive and friable applications.
- A discharge extruder assembly installed along the bottom of the trough to enhance mixing, eliminate dead zones and enable 100 percent complete discharge.
- NEMA 4X controls with a variable-frequency drive (VFD) keypad for convenient soft start and speed control of both the main agitator and the screw auger of the discharge extruder.
- Accommodations for dry powders, granules, pellets and other solid forms.
- A maximum working capacity of 1 cubic foot.
- The flexibility of the system to double as paste mixers, vacuum dryers and granulators/coaters (evenly coating a liquid or very fine solid component throughout the surfaces of larger particle ingredients).
- An inverter-ready gearmotor.
- Ideal suitability for most laboratory and pilot-scale blending requirements.
- Optional sight/charge ports, safety gratings, pneumatically operated covers and discharge valves, sanitary construction, spray bar assemblies, heating/cooling jackets, caster wheels for portability, explosion-proof operator stations and HMI/PLC systems.