Wireless Sensor for Web-Based Monitoring
NEWPORT Electronics recently unveiled its zSeries wireless sensor system for monitoring and recording temperature, humidity and barometric pressure in critical applications. According to the company, these sensors also offer:
- The power to transmit up to 300 feet (without obstructions) to a coordinator device, which is connected directly to an Ethernet network and the Internet.
- The ability to trigger an alarm (sent via email or text message to an Internet-enabled cell phone or PDA, to a single user or group distribution list) if variables go above or below a set point that you determine.
- Compact wireless end devices that mount discretely on the wall in clean rooms, laboratories or any remote facility.
- No use for special software — simply use a web browser.
- Compliance with IEEE 802.15.4, operating at 2.4 GHz.