NEWPORT Electronics’ iSD-TH environmental monitor provides Web-based remote surveillance of environmental conditions in critical applications such as clean rooms, laboratories, museums, warehouses, or any remote facility. According to the company, the monitor offers:
- Users can view virtual charts and record temperature, relative humidity and dew point over an Ethernet network or the Internet with no special software — just a Web browser.
- The device can trigger an alarm if the temperature or humidity goes above or below a set point that the user determines.
- The alarms can be sent by email to a single user or to a group distribution list, including text messages to cell phones and PDAs.
- It comes complete with a removable 2 GB SD flash memory card that can store up to seven years of readings taken at 10-second intervals.
- The format is a simple text file that is easily imported to spread sheets and other programs, can be read directly on a PC or MAC with a USB card reader, and can be downloaded remotely over an Ethernet network or the Internet.