Reduce Mill Downtime
Macro Sensors’ new non-contacting LVDT position sensor keeps steel rolling mill operations running smoothly with less downtime. According to the company, the position sensors:
- Ensure quality control during steel production.
- Monitor the position of milling frames that support rollers during the hot rolling process.
- Feature position feedback, which ensures frames don’t deform or shift.
- Can also be used to monitor the position of the rollers themselves.
- Are highly rugged and robust and offer long-term operation within the high temperatures and harsh environments of steel rolling mills.
- Are environmentally sealed to IEC standard IP-68, rated to 185°F (85°C), and protected against dust ingress.
- Resist moisture and contamination from airborne particulates and other dirt and grime inherent in steel mills.
- Are specifically designed for easy calibration, configuration and installation.
- Feature radial configuration with rod ends, which simplifies installation, as there is no need for core rods for connection.
- Include pre-calibrated on-board electronics, eliminating the need to configure signal conditioners.
- Feature electrical null adjustment, which makes for easy positioning.
- Are available in 0-10V, 4-20mA, +/-10V outputs and ranges of ±0.015 inch (±0.38 mm) to ±10.0 inches (±250 mm).