Mobile Broadband Router
The Westermo MRD-350 is a robust industrial mobile broadband router designed for remote access across a cellular network. According to the company, the router:
- Uses the Internet to cost-effectively interconnect systems, allowing HMIs, PLCs and other devices to communicate with each other.
- Has an uplink capacity of up to 5.7 Mbit/s and downlink of 14.4 Mbit/s, making it suitable for high data rate transmissions.
- Is suitable for mobile or static applications, including video surveillance, SCADA/DNP3 telemetry systems and remote access to machines and devices.
- Has a special low-power mode to only be fully powered when needed, which is perfect for solar-powered applications.
- Supports a wide variety of wireless standards including GSM, GPRS, 3G UMTS, HSDPA and HSUPA.
- Features dual SIM card support, which ensures that site connectivity is not dependent on a single carrier.
- Will automatically use the most efficient network available according to the geographical area when applied to on board applications (train, truck, buses, off road vehicles, etc.).
- Features a rugged enclosure, operating voltage range from 10 VDC to 60 VDC and compact design with all interfaces and LEDs positioned at the front.
- Features isolation between the PSU and the Ethernet and serial ports, so protection is provided against issues caused by ground loops.
- Offers protection from malicious eavesdroppers via encrypted communication tunnels — Virtual Private Networks (VPN).
- Features a simple yet powerful packet inspection firewall.
- Includes a number of tools that will ensure connectivity with PLCs and other RS-232-based devices.
- Features a built-in two port 10/100 Ethernet switch and RS-232 port, which allow a broad range of devices, machines and systems to seamlessly connect over any distance.