KIN-TEK’s Trace Source™ permeation tubes are used to dynamically blend trace concentrations of formaldehyde in air. According to the company, the tubes are characterized by:
- Mixtures can range from low ppb to over 500 ppm.
- Alpha-polyoxymethylene, a high-purity formaldehyde polymer, decomposes to maintain a stable vapor pressure of formaldehyde and a stable emission rate of formaldehyde.
- Formaldehyde emitted from the tube is mixed with a known flow of zero air to form the trace concentration gas standard.
- Emission flow measurements are traceable to NIST through fundamental measurements (weight change, temperature, etc.).
- Mixing the emission flow with a traceable flow dilution gas creates a traceable mixture.