AirClean Systems’ AC600 Series chemical workstations are designed to provide a low-cost solution for protecting the operator and environment from toxic vapors, gases, fumes and particulates when performing low-volume applications with known chemicals. According to the company, the workstations:
- Are smaller and more mobile than a traditional or ductless fume hood, but include the same advanced safety features and technology as other systems, such as gas-phase bonded carbon filtration, real-time gas detection and constant airflow control and monitoring.
- Utilize gas phase bonded carbon filtration, providing higher capacity and eliminating filter ‘dusting’ caused by traditional granular carbon filters.
- Are available with multi-layered and chemically-impregnated filters in addition to standard formulations (to increase load capacity).
- Can be configured with multiple carbon and HEPA filters.
- Feature the AirSafe™ automatic safety controller, which displays, monitors and maintains proper airflow to ensure fumes and vapors do not enter the operator’s breathing zone.
- Can be placed virtually anywhere within the laboratory with the only installation requirement being access to a standard power outlet.
- Are available with an optional sturdy cart, allowing flexibility and mobility within the laboratory.
- Are self-contained, fully assembled, factory-tested, and certified before shipment.
- Are suitable for applications such as general chemistry involving small volumes of common chemicals, tissue staining, gluing operations, cleaning and polishing of parts, sample preparation, soldering applications and a variety of other common laboratory manipulations and formulations