OHAUS Corp.’s CKW Checkweighing Scales are ideally suited for use in food processing applications and feature a design that results in increased productivity, security and lower cost of ownership. According to the company, the scales further grant:
- Built from food-safe stainless steel, they include an IP66/NEMA4X indicator and a base with an open framework that is designed for cleaning in washdown environments.
- To prevent accumulation of matter on the frame, each base has rounded corners, an external platform skirt and drain holes.
- Assuring its conformance to Food Safety standards, they are NSF listed and USDA-AMS certified.
- Designed for fast set up with a dedicated Target key, they boast multiple configurations for users to checkweigh to meet their specific operational needs.
- They feature sophisticated software that is easy to navigate and is designed to give users flexibility.
- For ultimate customization, the tri-color bar graph can be programmed to alert operators by displaying each of the 24 segments individually, by color block, as a continuous bar, scaled to the capacity of the target weight, or it can be turned off.
- The adjustable-brightness LED display can be set up to blank out or flash within selected checkweigh conditions.
- They also include an audible alert that can be programmed to alert users at a selectable volume.
- In order to prevent operators from accidentally changing targets and settings, the scales can be locked once they are configured.
- Featuring 1:6000 or 1:7500 maximum displayed readability and capacities from 6 to 60 lbs., the scales offer precision resolution.
- A 20-part library storage enables users to store information on item ID number, over, under, target and pre-set tare values.
- They can also provide GMP/GLP data for traceability using the bi-directional RS232, or can be connected to systems using an optional RS485/422 interface.