Affordable Barcode Scanner
DENSO ADC’s AT20B hand-held barcode scanner offers high-speed scanning, user-friendly operation and high durability at an affordable price. According to the company, the scanner is further characterized by:
- Advanced Scan PlusTM technology offers twice the scanning speed of previous models.
- A super-deep scanning field allows smooth close-up and distant operation, regardless of the scanner’s position.
- Using the latest algorithms, the scanner can scan poorly printed or otherwise difficult-to-read barcodes.
- The device also allows trouble-free scanning of wide barcodes, such as the ITF-14 and GS1-128 (EAN-128) codes used for utility and medical bills, and Code 39 on EIAJ labels.
- The compact, lightweight and ergonomically shaped design makes it easy to hold and aim, reducing operator fatigue.
- An LED guide-light improves the ease of targeting, even when scanning multilevel or very small barcodes.
- Extremely durable design, with a shock-absorbing construction that allows it to withstand being dropped onto a concrete floor six times from a height of 1.8 meters, or 60 times from 1.5 meters.
- The device features IP42 dust- and water-resistant protection, as well as a connector-cable locking mechanism that prevents damage to the connector or cable.
- Easy-to-use configuration software and an auto-sense scanning mode are included.
- A data-verification function allows verification to be done with a single scanner, while data-editing functions allow simple programming (ADF scripting) for data truncating, sorting and converting.
- A command-control function enables the scanner to be controlled by a PC for fully automated operation.