Blackmer®’s X and GX Series sliding vane pumps have been designed with a variety of features that make them ideal for the loading, transfer and unloading of solvents, which are crucial components in Paint & Coatings manufacturing applications. According to the company, the pumps are characterized by:
- GX Series pumps are available in four different models with flow rates ranging from 30 and 520 gpm (114 and 1,855 lpm) and feature an integral head-mounted gear-reduction drive that features oil-lubricated, hardened helical gears.
- The GX’s gear shafts are supported at both ends by ball bearings for smooth operation and long life, and a splined reducer, which can be rotated on the pump head to accommodate a variety of motor sizes, simplifies pump and reducer alignment.
- Both the GX and X Series pumps (which are also available in 2-, 2.5-, 3- and 4-inch port sizes with the same flow-rate range as the GX models) are constructed of cast iron and offer superior self-priming and dry-run capabilities.
- Both models' symmetrical bearing support assures even loading and wear for long life, while an adjustable relief valve protects the pump against excessive pressures.
- The pumps also benefit from the company’s revolutionary sliding-vane design that self-adjusts for wear to maintain flow rates and ease maintenance.