Hazardous-Area Wired & Wireless Barcode Reading
Pepperl+Fuchs introduces its PowerScan barcode reader system for Zone 1 and Division 1 hazardous areas. According to the company, the PowerScan further provides:
- The ability to capture all common 1D-barcode families, and due to patented technology, effectively read even dirty, damaged or otherwise difficult-to-read barcodes.
- A targeting guide that helps the user achieve successful readings when codes are located in close proximity to one another.
- 3 green LEDs located on the top and back of the barcode reader — visible from any angle — to visually confirm that the code has been successfully read.
- Confirmation of successful readings with an audible tone, plus the convenience of reading the result in the display.
- A wireless model, which consists of a transmitter and base station, with power provided by a charger located in the safe area, in addition to a wired system, which comes equipped with a barcode reader connected via a junction box to a host PC that can be located up to 150 meters away in the safe area.
- A rugged housing that ensures full functionality, even after being dropped from a height of 2 meters.