Nissan Forklift Corp. has added the GO6 Series, which has a larger lifting capacity coupled with a fuel-efficient diesel engine, to its Platinum line. According to the company, the trucks are further characterized by:
- The ability to lift loads of up to 17,500 pounds and heights of up to 26 feet.
- A powerful diesel engine, which is equipped with a turbo charger and has a common rail fuel injection system that uses the optimal amount of fuel for greater power and fuel economy.
- A turbo charger that creates more power by forcing compressed air into the cylinders, over the entire rpm range, for greater torque at low speeds.
- An intercooler chills the compressed air, creating a denser intake charge and allowing more power to be produced with a large reduction in nitrogen oxide emissions through its Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR).
- Exhaust levels well below what is required by Tier III standards.
- Hydrostatic power steering for greater control and maneuverability.
- Increased operator comfort thanks to a full suspension seat, wide view carriage and two-speed automatic transmission.
- The seat-actuated power interrupt feature prevents lift and tilt functions when an operator is not on board.
- An engine protection and warning system that reduces the engine rpm when there is excessive heat generation.