Blackmer®’s SNP Series Sliding Vane pumps are ideal for a wide range of product-unloading and product-transfer operations in the soap and detergent industry. According to the company, the pumps offer a wide variety of features that enhance product transfer within soap and detergents production, including:
- Superior top and bottom unloading — the pumps have exceptional vacuum-lift, line-stripping, and tank-clearing capabilities.
- Ability to handle a wide range of viscosities — can handle product thicknesses in excess of 4,250 cSt, while also being equipped with a removable drain valve plug for complete self-draining.
- Unmatched thin-liquid pumping — the pump’s vane technology ensures superior sealing even after significant in-service time, which eliminates the efficiency-robbing “slip” that can affect the performance and service life of gear and lobe pumps.
- Sustained performance — the self-adjusting, replaceable vanes of the pumps guarantee optimum performance levels over the life of the pump
- Five port sizes — from 1 1/4 inches to 3 inches (32 mm to 76 mm) with capacities from 2 to 265 gpm (8 to 1,003 lpm).
- The ability to handle fluid viscosities in excess of 20,000 ssu (4,250 cSt) at working pressures to 200 psi (13.8 bar) and temperatures to 350° F (177° C).