Phoenix Contact’s new modular safety controller makes it easy to expand I/O in a safety circuit. The PSR-TRISAFE/M (for modular) connects up to 10 safe digital I/O modules, thanks to a T-bus system. The controller is additionally characterized by:
- The TRISAFE/M’s base station has 20 safety input signals and four safety category 4 outputs, like the original TRISAFE/S (standalone).
- It provides outputs for a test pulse, alarm (aux), and ground switching.
- It can be configured as either 12 safe digital inputs, or eight safe digital inputs and four safe digital outputs.
- Each point on the safe expansion module can be controlled individually.
- The controller uses the simple “Safe Configure,” or SAFECONF configuration software, which requires no programming knowledge.
- The software is free and has no licensing fees (to download, visit www.phoenixcontact.com/trisafe ).