Measure Chlorine without Breaking the Bank
Sierra Instrument’s new Chlorine-Trak™ 760S thermal mass flowmeter was specifically designed to perform as an accurate and cost-effective mass-flow measurement solution for chlorine-injection processes found in typical wastewater-treatment applications. According to the company, the flowmeter is characterized by:
- A flow body manufactured from Kynar® polyvinylidene fluoride resin (PVDF), a material that offers excellent corrosion- and chemical-resistance at both ambient and elevated temperatures and is also inherently stable, mechanically tough, and abrasion- and flame-resistant.
- Accuracy of +/-5 percent of full scale, flow range up to 300 scfm chlorine in a 4-inch Kynar® flow body, and outstanding range-ability of 100:1.
- Flow sensors that utilize Hastelloy® C-127 sensors, with 6-inch Hastelloy® C-127 probe and a 1-inch Swagelok® Hastelloy® NPT compression fitting that mates with the Kynar® PVDF flow body (Hastelloy C is particularly resistant to pitting and crevice-corrosion).
- A digital display with instantaneous and totalized flow, as well as a digital MODBUS RTU option for easy PLC/DAQ integration and analog 4-20 ma output.
- Smart Interface™ software that provides users with the ability to fully validate instrument performance and make field adjustments of critical flowmeter settings in the field.