Versatile, Easy-to-Clean Diaphragms
Wilden®, a leader in air-operated double-diaphragm (AODD) pump technology, now offers its new Full Stroke Integral Piston Diaphragm (FSIPD). According to the company, the diaphragms are characterized by:
- Food-grade Wil-Flex™ (Santoprene™) construction and a design that has been created for use with Wilden’s Saniflo™ Hygienic Series (1-inch to 3-inch) as well as Original™ and Advanced™ Series (1-inch to 2-inch) AODD Pumps.
- A patent-pending design that does not incorporate an outer metallic plate, which would require the pumps to be cleaned manually; instead, the metallic plate is integral to the flexing material, resulting in a unique diaphragm that features a large integral piston and longer rubber/TPE shaft that enables it to maintain the same stroke length as traditional Wilden diaphragms.
- Increased product displacement per stroke because of the full-stroke design, which translates into improved suction lift, greater flow rates, and higher efficiencies than experienced when using pumps that operate with reduced-stroke diaphragms.
- Easy installation without the need for inverting, and, because they are not laminate, they do not require the use of any chemical adhesives and are therefore compatible with all products — and compliant with U.S. Food and Drug Administration regulations.
- In the event of a failed diaphragm, the pumped media will only be exposed to food-grade plastic or stainless steel.
- A design that makes them the perfect choice in challenging suction conditions, such as unloading thick materials from totes, and large-particulate handling in various food-production applications, such as pumping stews, soups, sauces, and cheese curds.