Eriez® Xtreme® Rare Earth Rota-Grates® feature a unique rotating design to remove both large and small ferrous contaminants that tend to stick, clog, and bridge when passed through traditional grate magnets. According to the company, the grates additionally feature:
- The Rota-Grate reel that incorporates Xtreme Rare Earth tube circuits, which are at least 12 percent stronger than other existing magnets.
- Unmatched efficiency on many finely ground cohesive materials such as gypsum, barium carbonate, fuller’s earth, lime, cohesive chemicals, confectionary sugar, cornstarch, cocoa, flour, wood flour, and an array of fibrous materials.
- A dual-action design that rotates a number of powerful magnetic tubes through the material: The magnetic action attracts and holds unwanted iron, the rotary action prevents the material flow from packing and plugging the processing line; and the system combs and breaks apart materials that tend to cling together, forcing all particles to pass close to the moving magnetic tubes.
- A rugged structure, including magnetic elements that are completely encased and fastened to stainless steel end plates; the units are also equipped with steel shafts and hubs to provide many years of service.
- Availability in 24 sizes, including multiple lengths and widths: Standard units allow simple manual cleaning, but a self-cleaning Rota-Grate model is available for applications where routine cleaning is problematic, and Rota-Grates in Housing are an ideal choice for dusty installations where an enclosed unit is necessary.
- The assistance of Eriez specialists, who are available to custom-design Rota-Grate units to match customers’ specific application requirements.
- Optional features including adapters to transition the product flow into grate housing, removable tube assemblies for easy cleaning, and explosion-proof drives for hazardous operations.