Non-Toxic Corrosion-Inhibitor Powder
Cortec's Cooling Loop Gator® is a Vapor-phase Corrosion Inhibitor (VpCI®) powder developed for seasonal, short- or long-term lay-up of cooling towers, HVAC, and air-conditioning equipment. According to the company, Cooling Loop Gator®:
- Provides excellent corrosion protection of enclosed spaces for up to 12 months and is fast, safe, and cost-efficient.
- Has the ability to diffuse through air or water towards metal surfaces, forming a strong molecular layer and reaching even inaccessible/recessed areas and interior cavities while providing protection in the liquid and vapor phase.
- Can be used as a building block in the majority of water treatment formulations.
- Is fully biodegradable, non-toxic, and non-irritating — it offers complete protection that is safe and easy to handle and eliminates the environmental hazard and disposal problems associated with traditional corrosion inhibitors.
- Provides multi-metal protection, including galvanized steel and yellow metals, and is great for wet lay-up and flushing applications.
- Helps reduce chemical consumption and cost.
- Is nitrite-, phosphate-, amine, and chromate-free, easy to apply, and does not need to be removed prior to start up.
- Is packaged in a Ecosol® brand water-soluble bag that dissolves completely when placed into the cooling system solution; recirculating the water for 10-12 hours assures balanced distribution of the unique VpCI®'s throughout the system.
- Is compatible with most materials of construction in cooling towers (e.g. rubbers, polymers, etc.) and is effective in the presence of non-oxidizing and oxidizing biocides.
- Meets the requirements of Federal Test Method, STD 101C, method 4031A and NACE Standard Recommended Practice RP0487-2000.
- Is able to treat up to 0.5 m3 of water (500 l) with just one Gator bag.