The Instrumentation Products Division of Parker Hannifin Corp. has introduced the Parker Gas Blending System, which allows users to blend or dilute up to five component gases to produce customized gas mixtures for precise calibration or validation standards. The system:
- Can accomplish automatic or manual dynamic mixing, which allows the creation of multiple gas concentrations in real time, minimizing inventory of multi-component custom gas cylinders.
- Offers the flexibility of on-site blending, which allows users to save up to 20 percent over the cost of utilizing custom blended gas and reduce tubing installation requirements.
- Can be used for gas dilution, varying the concentration of both pure and pre-blended gases — a broad range of dilution ratios (1:1 – 10,000:1 standard) allows calibration of most analyzer ranges from one cylinder of each gas type, minimizing gas costs, transport costs and handling labor.
- From higher percent to parts per billion (ppb) levels, the system can achieve a variable range of concentrations for automatic calibration of gas chromatographs, FTIRs, process gas analyzers, mass spectrometers, and other gas analytical devices.
- Is built on the Parker IntraFlow™ platform, an ISA/ANSI SP76.00.02-compliant modular sample conditioning system that minimizes space requirements and lowers maintenance costs by allowing standardization of parts.
- Allows you to add sensors and micro-analytical measurement sensors to enable remote monitoring through Parker Pilot Pro™, a communications interface designed to link plant process control operations and analyzer maintenance networks to facilitate critical process control decision making.
- Features mass flow controllers that are factory calibrated for user-defined gases (i.e., N2, He, Ar, etc.) and give users the ability to remotely control the system.
- Can also be paired with Parker IPD Volumetric Flow Controllers for the manual blending of gases.
- Allows you to add additional gas circuits later, reducing investment and guarding against obsolescence.