Batch & Small-Media Mill
Union Process has designed its 5-SDM attritor to combine the features of a wet-grinding batch attritor with the benefit of being able to accommodate small media (less than 1 mm). According to the company, the 5-SDM also delivers:
- The power to wet-mill solar technology material down to the nano-particle size range using 0.5-mm, high-purity zirconium oxide (yttria-stabilized) grinding beads.
- A Tefzel-lined grinding tank capacity of 14 gallons, a slurry capacity of 4 gallons and a media volume of 6.5 gallons.
- The ability to run at speeds up to 1,200 RPM.
- A plastic-coated stainless steel shaft, paired with the company’s proprietary zirconium oxide (yttria-stabilized) Delta discs.
- A 15-HP, explosion-proof motor.
- The option to specify metal-free components for applications that require it.