The FlexSwitch® FLT93 pump protection flow switch from Fluid Components International (FCI) reduces pump repair and extends pump life by detecting dry running conditions caused by irregular liquid flows or slurries. Additionally, the flow switch:
- Reliably monitors the flow and temperature of liquids, gases, slurries, syrups, lubricants, coolants and more.
- Is ideal for pump wet/dry detection where sudden, unexpected reductions in media flow rates may leave pumps vulnerable to over-heating conditions that can result in bearing or seal damage.
- Features a no-moving-parts design and offers a highly robust scheme for pump protection with its dual alarm capability.
- With Alarm 1, the switch will detect a low-flow situation anywhere between 0.01 and 3 feet per second (.003 to.9 meters per second) — the low flow alarm can be regarded as a pre-warning signal for the control system or operator, the system or operator can then decide to keep the pump running or to shut it down.
- If an Alarm 2 occurs because the feed line to the pump is running dry, this condition would be an emergency signal to shut down the pump immediately because the bearings now see gas instead of a liquid as a heat transfer media.
- Is a dual-function instrument that indicates flow and temperature, and/or level sensing in a single device.
- Can be specified in either insertion or in-line styles for pipe or tube installation.
- Features a single switch that monitors both key variables necessary to protect pumps — measuring liquid flow and temperature simultaneously with excellent accuracy and reliability.
- Features dual 6A relay outputs that are assignable to flow, level or temperature.
- Features a wide set-point range, which varies according to service media (liquid, gas or foam), beginning from 0.01 to 3 SFPS (0.003 to 0.9 SMPS) in water-based liquids.
- Is hydrostatically proof pressure tested to 3500 psig [240 bar (g)] at 70° F (21° C) — de-rated with temperature, the maximum operation service recommended is 2350 psig [162 bar (g)] at 500° F (260° C), but higher ratings are available with special construction and test certification.
- Includes FM, ATEX, CSA, CRN and CE agency approvals.