According to AIRLANCO, its compact bag dump stations eliminate labor, waste and potential health hazards that may be caused by spillage or dust when handling bagged materials. The self-contained units are highlighted by:
- The USDA-accepted capability to collect dust generated when dumping powder and bulk solids from bags, boxes, drums and other containers, and return the material to the hopper.
- The power to reduce material waste and eliminate the need to clean a remote dust collection site, while protecting workers and preventing contamination.
- Capacities from 5 to 40 cubic feet.
- A large collection hopper topped by a bar grate and hinged door.
- An integral pulse jet filtration unit equipped with polyester cartridge filters.
- A 2-HP, 865-CFM fan, which automatically starts when the hopper door is open to ensure that any dust is drawn through the filter.
- Programmable pulses of reverse air to periodically dislodge the material that collects on the surfaces of the cartridge filters and allow it to fall into the collection hopper.
- The sloped sides of the hopper angle toward the hopper’s discharge port, which can be joined to gravity-fed spouting or to an airlock and pneumatic line.
- Sanitary 316L stainless steel construction, continuous polished interior and exterior welds, gas-assist door springs, a removable bag break grate, a dust hood with an 8-inch dust collection port or an integral dust collector.
- Suitability for applications in the food, feed, pharmaceutical, pet food and other industries in which contamination can be costly and dangerous.