Yokogawa Electric Corp. has announced the development of Release 5 of the CENTUM® VP integrated production control system, the company’s flagship product and a cornerstone of the VigilantPlant® concept that aims to help customers realize the ideal plant. Key features of the system include:
- New Field Control Station (FCS) with industry-leading performance — In comparison with the previous FCS, the new FCS will feature four times the processing performance, twice the application storage capacity and five times the control network throughput.
- Unified Gateway Station (UGS) for better system integration will allow the system to control and monitor all the systems at plants, including PLC systems.
- Despite the differences in such systems, all of their operation windows will have the same CENTUM VP look and feel — Operators will now only need to learn how to use the CENTUM VP HMI, making the overall system much easier to operate.
- Enhanced alarm management based on ISA18.2 standard, CAMS for HIS, includes new functions that have been optimized for the management of change process specified in the ISA18.2 standard’s alarm management lifecycle model.
- Support for Microsoft’s latest 64 bit Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 operating systems will be included so that customers can reduce the cost of maintaining the PCs connected to their plant networks.