Malvern Instruments now offers the new ARTMiS, a fully automated system for micronization that offers unprecedented process control for optimal manufacturing efficiency. Key features of this system include:
- Comprising the Sturtevant Micronizer Jet Mill, the Schenck AccuRate feeder for precision feed rate control and the Insitec real-time laser diffraction particle size analyzer from Malvern, ARTMiS is built on the expertise of all three companies.
- It simplifies milling — all it requires is for the user to input a set point for the milling process and then start the feed.
- It delivers product of consistently high quality and at the same time maximizes throughput and reduces the need for manual analysis.
- Real-time particle size data for the milled material is used to continuously drive changes to the feed rate via a simple PID control loop.
- An extremely consistent product is produced, even when there are variations in feed quality or mill conditions.
- Set point changes are accomplished rapidly.