The highly reliable automated Model 61 boiler blowdown control system from Electro-Chemical Devices (ECD) offers a complete, ready-to-use system that provides continuous control of the surface blowdown rate for commercial and industrial boilers. According to the company, the system:
- Optimizes blowdown cycles and reduces scaling and corrosion to reduce plant operating costs and extend boiler life.
- Features precision accuracy, which helps reduce boiler maintenance make-up water consumption and the energy needed to heat it.
- Offers operational cost advantages by continuously adjusting the blowdown rate to optimize the boiler water’s electrolytic conductivity.
- Calculates TDS levels by measuring conductivity in the boiler water — the measurement is made using the precision CS10 Conductivity Sensor, featuring a standard range of 0-10,000 µS or optional ranges of 0-1000 µS or 0-100 µS.
- Features outputs that can be configured using the standard T23 transmitter (a two wire, 4-20 mA transmitter), the optional C22 controller or optional T28 transmitter for intrinsically safe or explosion-proof applications.
- Includes the CS10 Conductivity Sensor in a rack-mounted panel that features a modular design for easy installation.
- Includes a sediment trap for easy removal of sludge buildup, sample cooler, temperature gauge, sample control valve and safety relief valve.
- Has process connection that features a compression fitting of 0.75 inch NPT to accommodate the CS10 Sensor.
- Is designed to operate from temperatures of 0 to 100° C and at a pressure range of 0 to 75 psig.
- Features a 4-20 mA output that can be con?gured as a PID control output — the PID signal modulates a control valve to keep the surface blowdown rate uniformly close to the maximum allowable dissolved solids level, regardless of load conditions.