System for Joining Stainless Steel
The ProPress® system is available for joining stainless steel piping in sizes from 1/2 inch to 4 inches using a unique press technology to secure pipe connections in less than seven seconds. According to the company, the system:
- Consists of stainless steel pipe, valves and fittings and
provides a faster, more reliable, flameless way to make water-tight and
gas-tight stainless steel connections.
- Is available in two high-quality stainless steel grades (304 and 316), and with more than 600 fitting configurations, the system is ideal for industrial and commercial installations in applications such as food and beverage processing, chemical processing, pharmaceutical and biotech processing, oil and gas, mining and manufacturing.
- Has three unique sealing elements available: EPDM, HNBR and FKM (the EPDM sealing element is used in any type of water system and for low-pressure steam; the HNBR sealing element is designed for fuel oil and gas systems; and the FKM sealing element is used for applications where increased chemical resistance is required, as well as for low-pressure steam).
- Can be installed wet or dry, making it ideal for maintenance or emergency repair jobs, and reducing costly downtime by decreasing plant shutdowns.
- Can be adapted to any existing piping system with adapters and flanges.
- Is a flameless system, so it is safer than a traditional system and eliminates the need for hot permits.
- Is clean, as it requires no welding rods, smoke, cutting oils or grinding.
- Comes with a patented Smart Connect® feature which provides a quick and easy way for installers to identify connections that need pressing.