Flow Meter Offers Easy Hot-Tap Installation
McCrometer introduces the FPI Mag™ (Full Profile Insertion) electromagnetic flow meter for industrial process water and effluent wastewater. According to the company, the flow meter is:
- The successor to the company’s popular Multi-Mag Insertion Flow Meter, which is the industry’s only multi-electrode hot tap full profile insertion flow meter delivering a continuous total flow profile similar to a full-bore mag meter.
- Able to support applications in a wide range of industrial process plants: chemical, electric power, food/beverage, oil/gas refining, metals/mining, pulp/paper, and campus-style facilities for chilled water and HVAC applications.
- The industry’s most economical flow metering solution for medium and large line sizes, reducing installed costs by more than 45 percent.
- Characterized by a sleek insertion style design that makes it flow-measurement affordable for large line sizes as opposed to other technologies, which become cost prohibitive as the pipe diameter increases due to material costs.
- Compatible with rugged process plant environments and packaged in a heavy-duty 316 stainless steel sensor body for maximum structural integrity; additionally, the sensor is coated with a 3M fusion-bonded epoxy coating for operational longevity.
- Equipped with sensing electrodes for greater sensitivity to meet the accuracy and repeatability of demanding process industry requirements.
- Able to be installed without interrupting service, de-watering lines, cutting pipe or welding flanges —installation costs are reduced by eliminating the need for heavy equipment or extensive manpower.
- Compact and features an insertion design that fits into complex pipe configurations with limited access and offers total accessibility —it can be removed in pipes under pressure for easy inspection, cleaning, calibration or verification with McCrometer’s own NIST traceable Calibration Lab.
- Particularly cost-effective for retrofit applications or in sites never metered before.
- Able to compensate for variable flow profiles including swirl, turbulence and low-flow conditions, thanks to its multi-electrode sensor design (multiple electrodes placed across the entire sensor body continuously measure and report the average flow rate over the full diameter of pipe).
- Available for line sizes from 4 to 138 inches and rivals the performance of a full bore electromagnetic flow meter.
- Highly stable and features accuracy of ±1 percent of reading ± 0.03 ft./sec zero stability from 0.3 to 20 ft/s velocity range.
- Pre-calibrated from McCrometer’s NIST traceable Calibration Lab and requires no recalibration in the field.
- With no
moving parts and a single-piece design, the FPI Mag’s multi-electrode sensor
contains nothing to wear or break, and it is generally immune to clogging by
sand, grit or other debris.
- Suitable for use with wells, booster stations, effluent, filter balancing and backwash, pumping stations, UV dosing and potable water distribution.