Pinpoint Hard-to-Find Hydraulic Leaks
Spectroline® OIL-GLO™ 22 fluorescent dye will pinpoint leaks in all types of industrial equipment, including milling and injection-molding machines, hydraulic tanks, fork lifts, gear boxes, punch presses and other equipment that uses hydraulic fluids. More specifically:
- Maintenance specialists no longer have to fret over elusive leaks in oil-based lubrication and hydraulic systems.
- Fluorescent leak detection is fast, easy and precise.
- To use, simply add a small amount of the dye to a hydraulic system and allow it to circulate for several minutes — wherever there is a leak, the dye escapes with the oil and accumulates at the site of each and every leak.
- Once oil has accumulated, scan the system with a high-intensity Spectroline ultraviolet or UV/blue light lamp and the dye glows a bright yellow color to clearly reveal the exact location of all leaks, even small leaks undetected by other methods.
- After the leaks have been repaired, scan the system again with the lamp — if there is no glow, it means that all the leaks were fixed properly.
- OIL-GLO 22 remains safely in the system until the oil is changed, making it ideal for preventive maintenance.
- Periodic inspections with the lamp will detect any future leaks before they can cause damage to the equipment.