Explosion Vent for High Vacuum Operation
The new MV-RD explosion vent from Oseco is designed to protect personnel and equipment during deflagrations in high cycling and high vacuum applications. The vent offers:
- Extended in-service life, lower burst pressure (pstat) in smaller sizes, and an industry-first 2-year warranty.
- Design which is ideal for high cycling applications, such as in dust collectors and bag houses.
- Suitability for bulk storage units and in ductwork applications requiring a square explosion vent.
- A high vacuum rating (-12 psig/24.4 inHg) to help extend the life of the vent in applications where high vacuum pressure exists.
- Lower burst pressures which give users the ability to reach required relief area without having to go up in vent size.
- Meets the requirements of the OSHA Combustible Dust National Emphasis Program and NFPA 68.
- Industry-best performance tolerances of ± .25 psig and an operating ratio of 80 percent.
- Vent will mount on enclosures where dust explosions may occur, and will activate to safely relieve pressure in the event of a deflagration, thereby preventing a large explosion.
- Ability to operate in temperatures up to 450°F.