Low-Maintenance Groundwater Remediation System
Abanaki Corporation has introduced six new groundwater remediation systems specially designed for a variety of groundwater contamination applications with specific site requirements including light fuel, medium viscosity, heavy oil, DNAPL, solar powered, and explosion proof. According to Abanaki, the systems additional features include:
- Each oil skimmer uses an endless belt in 1, 2, or 4 -inch widths that will fit in 2, 4, and 6 -inch or larger diameter well casings.
- Systems use belt oil skimmers to provide a cost-effective way to remove hydrocarbons from groundwater and include a PetroXtractor belt oil skimmer and an oil transfer package.
- Key components of the PetroXtractor oil skimmer are an oleophilic belt, motor, belt wipers and discharge trough — the oil transfer package includes a pump, electric controls, and oil-collection/transfer tank.
- The systems can be adapted using other skimmers in Abanaki's range for applications in ponds, trenches, and wastewater pits.
- The groundwater remediation systems require very little maintenance, are easy to install, and have low energy costs.