The Everest E2000 from Glacier Computer now provides an optional Windows CE Thin Client. The Windows CE Thin Client is a minimal version of Microsoft Windows CE that includes the catalog items necessary to support a remote desktop device — including a constrained shell and Microsoft RDP. Additional features include:
- A remote terminal that hosts client-side connections to a remote terminal server, including Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol and a web browser.
- Two-way communication between a terminal server and the Everest.
- The ability to run the full version of Windows CE 6.0.
- A design fit for fixed-mount industrial applications.
- Vehicle mount terminals, including the E5000/E4000 and E2000, that are engineered to withstand extreme vibration, shock, and moisture.
- A custom onboard diagnostic and configuration utility.
- “Flight recorder”-like data and real-time access to key statistics such as processor temperature, reboots, etc.
- Function buttons that can program frequently used tools into one-touch availability, thereby extending the life of the touchscreen.
- A12 to 48 V isolated internal power supply.
- Multiple standard I/O, USB 2.0, internal 1 hour smart UPS and multiple expansion slots.
- 802.11a/b/g LAN, WAN, and GPS options.
- HALT tested — passed thermal and reliability testing.
- An MTBF of nearly 40,000 hours.
For more information, visit www.glaciercomputer.com .