Chemically Resistant Epoxy
For applications demanding exceptional chemical resistance, especially to acids, fuels and oils, Master Bond has developed the EP21AR. This 2-component epoxy features:
- The ability to withstand harsh, acidic environments, including prolonged immersion in 96 to 98 percent sulfuric acid and 36 percent hydrochloric acid for more than a year.
- A dielectric strength of 400 volts/mil.
- Electrical insulation.
- A coefficient of thermal expansion of 45 to 55 ppm/°C.
- Serviceability from -60° to 275°F.
- The ability to produce high strength, abrasion resistant bonds with a tensile strength over 10,000 psi.
- A shear strength exceeding 2,700 psi.
- A compressive strength greater than 14,000 psi at 75°F.
- A 2 to 1 mix ratio by weight.
- A mixed viscosity of 10,000-15,000 cps.
- A 100 percent reactive structure with no solvents or diluents.
- A working life of 45 to 55 minutes at ambient temperature for a 200 gram batch.
- Cure at room temperature, faster at elevated temperatures.
- Bond to metals, glass, ceramics, cements, vulcanized rubbers, wood and plastics.
- Availability in pint, quart, gallon and 5 gallon container kits.