According to Schneider Electric, its Vijeo® Citect® V7.20 SCADA software, the latest version of its integrated industrial automation and control solution, increases overall performance of control systems through improvements in operating systems technologies and native integration of real-time video to enhance security features. Some benefits include:
- A more holistic view of processes through the addition of support for the Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system.
- Additional security enhancements, such as server authentication, to provide an extra layer of protection to networked control systems.
- The ability to closely monitor critical processes, high-value equipment and strategic production materials through the integration of live video feed from Pelco® cameras.
- Surveillance features that allow operators to view video directly on SCADA screens, control camera movement and link control system events, such as alarms in secured areas, with the surveillance of those areas, all while keeping track of control system variables.
- No need to interrupt or restart the system when alarm and trend changes need to be made, adding the flexibility to roll out modifications progressively and in a controlled manner.
- Access to improved real-time operational intelligence through extended tag information — each variable tag now has richer context information with a collection of functional elements, each of which contains value, quality and time-stamp information.