Lathem recently launched the Model FR700 — the first terminal in its line of FaceIN™ face recognition systems for time and attendance, and access control. The FR700 wall-mounted terminal incorporates 3D-imaging technology to identify employees, enhance security and eliminate buddy punching (when employees clock in and out for each other). Employees simply look at FaceIN, and within seconds, they are identified, clocked in/out or admitted into secure locations. Ideal for security-conscious businesses, according to the company, the FR700 is further highlighted by:
- Foolproof face recognition technology that instantly identifies employees.
- A hygienic touch-free alternative to hand and fingerprint readers.
- Elimination of the need for cards and badges.
- A standard Ethernet connection to an existing computer network.
- Support of up to 100 employees with the ability to easily expand up to 500 per device.
- Built-in relay control for secure door access, operating as a controller for door lock systems.
- Desktop software for editing, running reports and exporting data to the most popular payroll software, including QuickBooks.
- More accuracy than biometric fingerprint readers, which can fail due to readability issues.
- Automation of payroll calculations, reducing clerical and data entry errors, which saves time and money.
- The flexibility to be used as a stand-alone verification and control system for individual door or facility-wide access control.