A SLIM New Powder Induction System
According to Charles Ross & Son, its SLIM (solid, liquid injection manifold) in-line powder induction system is unlike previous powder-wetting systems designed for fast powder induction in that it doesn’t require a pump or eductor, greatly simplifying operation and maintenance, while lowering costs. Other features include:
- A rotor/stator generator that includes progressive spiral porting to produce high flow, high shear and a high level of vacuum.
- The induction of powders at unprecedented rates.
- Shorter mixing cycles.
- Immediate lump-free powder dispersion.
- A closed system that eliminates dusting in the plant.
- Improved end-product quality.
- A special powder-holding vessel.
- A SLIM powder injection unit driven by a 50-HP motor.