New Battery-Powered Water Meter
KROHNE introduces its WATERFLUX 3070 electromagnetic water meter for applications in the water and wastewater industry. According to the company, the a magnetic-inductive meter is also characterized by:
- A 15-year battery life that makes it ideally suited to applications where no power is available.
- Power consumption that is about 5,000 times less than a comparable line-powered electromagnetic flowmeter.
- The ability to indicate status or diagnostic conditions, such as battery life or less than full pipe conditions.
- An accurate measurement of ± 0.2 percent (±1.5 mm/second).
- A lower pressure drop than comparable mechanical water meters.
- A Rilsan®-lined metal tube, which is capable of withstanding high pressure.
- Coils that are arranged to form a strong, uniform magnetic field, so the measurement is independent of flow profile.
- The flexibility to be installed in very narrow wells and chambers.
- Availability of sensors from 1 to 24 inches (DN 25 to DN 600).
- An optional GSM module for remote transmission of measurement data and status information, plus a data logger to store all data, including peak flow and low flow during the night.