National Bulk Equipment’s new bulk bag unloader system performs a sequential 4-stage process, which consists of hydraulic de-blocking rams — each with 28,000 pounds of force, hydraulic massage paddles — each with 2,200 pounds of paddle pressure, an E3™ enclosed bag spout interface to collect dust and aid discharge, and automatic bulk bag loop retractors to ensure complete material discharge. According to the company, this bulk bag unloader additionally boasts:
- The flexibility to handle highly caustic and severely agglomerated material.
- The protection of operators from migrant, airborne material.
- The elimination of contaminated in-process material and operator exposure to caustic material.
- Integrated bulk bag conditioning to provide sufficient material supply.
- The capability to condition material from football-sized chunks to particles of 1/4 inch or smaller.
- The conveyance of material downstream at a rate of 18,000 pounds per hour.
- Integrated automation to centralize system control, communication, monitoring and reporting.
- Closed-process operation.
- Dust-tight enclosures.
- A UL-listed human-machine interface.