Sierra Instruments introduces a new cryogenic version of its Innova-Mass® multi-variable mass vortex flowmeter. Preferred over traditional turbine meters for measuring mass flow rates of cryogenic fluids down to -328°F (-200°C), according to the company, this instrument additionally boasts:
- Mass calculations performed with the latest density equations of state for liquid oxygen, nitrogen, argon and CO2.
- The measurement of 5 process variables — mass flow, volumetric flow, temperature, pressure and density — through 1 process connection (Model 240 and 241).
- Dynamic, real-time calculation of the Reynolds number and the flow profile effects in large pipes.
- More reliable, stable readings.
- A special cryogenic temperature RTD.
- High system accuracy as a result of everything being calibrated together.
- A programmable analog output, in addition to a HART or MODBUS signal riding on the same 2 wires.
- No moving parts to wear out or be serviced, thereby increasing service life.